Online Absence Reporting
You may send absence excuse messages for your child(ren) through our website. Below is the procedure for getting started. For security reasons, you first need to register with the CR website. Here are the directions:
Go to www.crsd.org.
Click on the “Register” button in the upper right hand corner of this homepage.
Complete the quick and easy registration process. Note: Your birth date is required to confirm that you are not a child. This information is not sent anywhere or used for any other purpose. Also, you are only required to complete the fields with an asterisk(*) on the registration screen.
The link below is a sample with screen shots taken from CR-South. The instructions are the same at RMS.
Once you are registered, you may send in your child’s absence notifications by completing our online form, as follows:
1. Go to www.crsd.org.
2. Click on the “Sign in” button in the upper right hand corner of the district homepage.
3. Type the “Sign-in Name” and password you entered during registration.
4. Choose our school from the drop-menu.
5. Click on “Student Absence Notification Form” under Site Shortcuts.
6. Fill in the necessary information and click “Done”. Your information will be sent instantly and securely to the office for attendance/absence accounting.
This online method of reporting your child’s absence or tardiness is an option, not a requirement. You may continue to send in excuse notes in paper form if your wish.
Electronic Absence Form will NOT BE ACCEPTED for any student accumulating 10 or more consecutive absences. A Physician’s note will be required for any student who has been absent for 10 or more occasions.
REGULAR AND PROMPT ATTENDANCEIS THE KEY TO SUCCESS!
Please take a few minutes to review our attendance policies.
- In order to succeed in school, you must be here!
- When you miss school due to illness or emergency, it is your responsibility to present a note to your homeroom teacher within three school days.
- If a note is not submitted within three days, your absence is recorded as unlawful.
- Unlawful absences remain on your permanent record and may be turned over to the district judge.
Arrive at school on time each day. Repeated lateness to school adds up to missed academic time! Remember, excused lateness due to Dr. appointments, illness and legitimate emergencies must be accompanied by a note. Lateness due to car trouble, oversleeping or missing the bus will not be excused
It is not necessary to call the middle school to report that your child is going to be absent. A note upon your child's return stating the date(s) missed and the reason for the absents will be sufficient.
Please take some time to review the attendance policies below: