*12-13 promotional design created by Jennifer Guo, a 6th grade student at Richboro Elementary School. Congratulations!
Congratulations to Promotional Design Contest K-3 Runner Up - Tristan Mangin, a 3rd grade student at Churchville Elementary School.
The 4th Annual Council Rock Elementary Media Festival is taking place on Thursday, May 23, at Newtown Middle School.
All participants are invited to the Participant Reception from 6:30-7:00.
The entire Council Rock community is welcome to join us at 7:00 p.m. for the award ceremony.
We will recognize the great work of our students and teachers in creating media and multimedia projects. This year, we have close to 200 amazing project submissions.
**Participants: You will receive a flyer with more information about the Media Festival Event shortly.**
We are pleased to announce the fourth annual Council Rock School District Elementary Media Festival. We hope you will enter student and teacher media projects to help make this event a huge success.
Our goal is to support and encourage the use of digital media in elementary curriculum assignments.
To qualify and be judged all media projects entered into the media festival judged event MUST be a project that was developed as part of a Council Rock elementary curriculum assignment or presentation.
All entries MUST be submitted, by the end of the day, MARCH 22, 2013. An application must be completed for each submission, and the application will be considered as part of the judging materials. Projects without an application will not be judged. The School Level Media Application link is at the top of this page.
Thank you for being a part of the 2013 Council Rock Elementary Media Festival. Best of luck!
For questions or further information please contact your school’s media festival representative.
NOTE: Your media festival representative can give you information about where to submit a copy of your project for judging.
Media Festival Representatives
Churchville – Mrs. Handfinger
Goodnoe – Miss Schaefer
Hillcrest - Ms. Geller, Mr. Crowley
Holland – Mrs. Smith
Newtown – Mr. Downs Richboro Elementary - Ms. Moore, Mr. O'Brien
Rolling Hills - Mrs. Fitzgerald
Sol Feinstone – Mrs. Durkin
Welch - Ms. Wojton
Wrightstown – Mrs. Borah
Media projects may be entered into the following Media Festival Categories:
Type of Project (You can select only one per submission. If you are not sure of the category in which to submit your project, ask your representative.)
- Sequential Stills (includes PowerPoint presentations, Keynote presentations and photo stories. Sequential stills can be converted to video files and still be submitted in this category.)
- Website (presented over the internet; includes projects made with Glogster)
- Live Action Video (includes recording of live actors, new reporters, public service announcements, etc.)
- Podcast/Vodcast (digital audio, with or without images or video, that can be downloaded or played on a computer or other device; can be one of a series)
- Animation (drawings, objects, or computer graphics that are programmed to move with or without sound)
- Other - Be creative!
Media Festival Important Dates:
- School Level Media Festival Applications Open - May 30, 2012 - See application link on the right.
- Promotional Design Contest Open - October 19, 2012
- Promotional Design Contest Closes - November 26, 2012
- School Level Media Applications Close - March 22, 2013
- School Judging - Week of April 1, 2013
- School Winners Submitted to the District by - By April 5, 2013
- Media Festival Public Presentation at Newtown Middle School - May 23, 2013: 6:30-7:00 is the participant reception, award ceremony begins at 7:00.