SchoolWires – Guidelines for Teacher/School Webpages
Please follow the guidelines below when designing your websites. These guidelines have been set up for the safety and professionalism of our district and students. Thank you.
Websites are considered a district publication. Your principal has final say concerning what can and cannot be posted to the school’s site and teacher’s sites. If you have questions consult with your principal.
1. Check with your principal to see if there are students in your class, or in a picture that you are posting, whose parents have asked that their child’s picture not be used in any district publication.
2. You can post a student picture, but not with their name. Or you can post a student’s name, but not with their picture.
3. Websites need to be educational and cannot be used for advertisements or the sale of products.
4. Please proofread all information that is given to you for the website before posting.
5. If individuals or organizations provide information to you for your website, accept the information ONLY on disk. Any mistakes that are made in dates, times, etc. will be theirs. PROOF READ their information before posting.
6. Please link to sites that are connected to educational companies, universities, schools, governments, etc. Please do not link to private sites, such as PTO, sports booster clubs, etc. Private links change too quickly. Many of these sites are also doing fund raising or have activities that would not be appropriate for students. We wish to keep our sites strictly educational.
7. If you are really not sure if something should be posted or linked, it probably shouldn’t be. Consult with your principal.
8. If you have any questions, please contact Larry Kling.