Arrival & Dismissal Procedures
last updated on 9/17/07
In order to provide for the supervision of children during arrival and dismissal, a staff member has been pulled from the office, and this will cause a shortage of personnel in the office. To accommodate for this shortage, students will no longer be signed out after 3:20 each day. Parents who need to pick up their child(ren) must do so before this time.
The Drop-off and Pick-up Location will be the fire-zone area by the side of the building between the front entrance and the recess yard. Parking in the lot during arrival and dismissal will be permitted only for parents who must escort their child due to emergency circumstances.
Arrival Procedures – Parents who are dropping their child(ren) off will enter the parking lot and drive around counter-clockwise and loop back to the front of the school to enter the car line.
· Parents may drop-off their child(ren) once they are beyond the “Student Drop Off” sign and in the fire zone area. Letting students exit a vehicle before this point is not safe nor permitted.
· A staff member will be on duty to assist students who are being dropped off.
· Students will enter the front of the building after exiting the vehicle.
· Drop offs will commence at 8:45 as it is likely to be 8:50 before students enter their classroom.
· The staff member on duty will motion when it is time to begin dropping off students.
· Parents who are dropping off must remain in their vehicles at all times.
· Once students have safely exited all vehicles in the drop off location, then the vehicles may exit the fire zone.
· When all vehicles have left the fire zone, the next set of cars will be directed to move up and so on until all students have been dropped off.
· Parents are not permitted to pass another vehicle while children are attempting to exit.
Dismissal Procedures – Parents will follow the same driving procedure for entering the parking lot for picking up students in the afternoon.
· Car rider students will be dismissed at 3:40 from the front entrance of the building and will wait on the sidewalk by the flower garden.
· A staff member will be on duty to assist students who are being picked up.
· The staff member will supervise each child to his /her car once all vehicles in the pick-up location have completely stopped.
· Parents may pick up once they are beyond the stop sign and in the fire zone area. Letting students enter a vehicle before this point is not permitted.
· Parents who are picking up must remain in their vehicles at all times.
· Parents are not permitted to pass another vehicle while children are attempting to enter a vehicle.
· When all vehicles have left the fire zone, the next set of cars will be directed to move up and so on until all students have been dismissed.
· If a student is not present when his / her parent arrives, the parent will be asked to pull into a parking spot to wait.