It is the position of the Council Rock School District to encourage and support student learning through assessments, classwork and homework which can:
· Promote good study habits
· Develop a sense of responsibility and independence
· Help the child master skills
· Enhance and stimulates the child’s creativity
· Encourage the child to learn new things
· Make sure the child understands what has been taught
· Inform parents of what their children are learning in the classroom
Whether absent, at music lessons, at the nurse, or the student simply forgot to complete an assignment or assessment, he/she is required to complete and submit the work to the teacher within one week (7 days) from the due date of the assignment or assessment.
When an assignment or assessment is missed the following steps will ensure success:
1. Find out what was missed by talking to a classmate, teacher, or checking the homework board/website
1. Fill in homework log
2. Complete the work and submit to the teacher within 7 days
2. Get the log signed by a parent
3. Complete the work
4. Submit the work and signed log to the teacher within 7 days
If the student does not fulfill the steps above within one week (7 days) of the assignment’s or assessment’s due date then the following will occur:
1. A deduction in theTime and Effort/Complete Assignments on Time score on the report card
2. A graded assignment or assessment will result in score of 0
3. A loss of privilege*
*Special activities during the school day are earned privileges for students who exhibit the traits of a successful learner by completing all assignments in a timely manner and behaving in an appropriate fashion. If a student is unable to comply with these expectations, students will be expected to complete any missed work and fill out a reflection sheet during the activity in lieu of participating in the activity in its entirety. Such activities include, but are not limited to: school dances, socials, end of marking period rewards, etc.
We understand the above policy and expectations regarding missed work.
Parent Signature _____________________________________________________________ Date ____________________ HR _______________________________