INFORMATIVE BOOKS AND ARTICLES RELATING TO BULLYING AND BULLY PREVENTION
BOOKS ON HAND AT HES
- Schools Where Everyone Belongs…Stan Davis
- Bully Busters-A Teacher’s Manual for Helping Bullies, Victims & Bystanders-Arthur Horne, Christi Bartolomucci, Dawn Newman-Carlson
- Childhood Bullying & Teasing….What School Personnel, other Professionals and Parents Can Do…..Dorothea M. Ross
- The Bully, The Bullied and the Bystander….From Preschool to High School…Barbara Coloroso
- Bullying at School…What We Know and What We Can Do….Dan Olweus
- The Bully Free Classroom….Dr. Alan Beane
- Queen Bees…Wannabes….Rosalind Wiseman (girl bullying)
FIGHTING BACK---Article from Penn State Research
Article about Stan Davis.."It Takes a Whole School to Stop a Bully"
From "The Family Therapy Network", 9/2000-Teaching Kids to Care(about Stan Davis and his work)
VIDEOS, CDS & DVDS
There are countless sites online that sell videos, cds, and dvds on the subject of Bullying. The majority of these items are geared more towards the middle school student, and many of these film makers seem to include 6th graders as part of the appropriate viewing audience within the middle school level. Many are only for K-3….some for K-5. For school staff and parents, videos, cds and dvds are plentiful.